Jennifer Rossan is a partner in the Securities Litigation Group of Sadis & Goldberg LLP. Ms. Rossan handles securities litigation on behalf of companies and individuals covering a wide range of issues including SEC and FINRA enforcement actions. She also litigates a wide variety of direct and derivative claims against companies and individuals. Recent highlights include:
- Co-counsel on a high-profile SEC insider trading case that resulted in a favorable settlement, resulting in no bar or suspension, a no admit-no deny settlement of negligence-based claims of Section 17(a)(3) of the Securities Act, and relatively small civil penalty.
- Successfully represented a statistical arbitrage hedge fund and its Managing Member/Chief Executive Officer in an arbitration brought by a former employee.
- Represented a hedge fund that at one time held $800 million AUM in litigation against SEC, including negotiating a favorable settlement after obtaining Court order requiring SEC to amend and refile compliant to address deficiencies raised by motion to dismiss.
- Regularly assist companies and individuals respond to subpoenas issued by regulatory agencies and in connection with complex securities litigation.
- Boston University School of Law (J.D. 1993; International Law Journal)
- University of Michigan (B.A. 1990)
- New York
- United States District Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York
Honors and Awards
- “Women in Law Awards,” Lawyer Monthly, 2014, 2016
- New York Metro Super Lawyer, New York Metro Super Lawyer Magazine, 2014 – 2017
- “Leading Women Lawyers in New York City,” Crain’s New York Business, 2018